The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Third Coast Airsoft

+4
dino
savoy6
Reaper 06
Howie
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Third Coast Airsoft - Page 2 Empty Re: Third Coast Airsoft

Post by savoy6 25th August 2011, 1:38 am

yeah..well said...lol...always the master of tact.....i want to be just like Has when i grow up.... :) ...though i would have thought that the sound of crickets in here would have sufficed for a lock.....
though you ought to define "browncoats" for those that aren't Firefly?serenity fans...though i do agree that the mindset is the same....
Within the story, “Brown Coat” is the name given to the Independent Faction who fought against the Alliance in a war that ends six years before the show begins. Not unlike the southern states during the Civil War, the Brown Coats fought for sovereignty and the right to their own government
key phrase there....

savoy6
savoy6
Where's Indochina
Where's Indochina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25th August 2011, 8:06 am

Not to delve into this YET again, but:

'Browncoats' implies that TCA is the governing body, which it is not.

Seacrest out.

Back to top Go down

Post by savoy6 25th August 2011, 10:37 am

i think Has was speaking more to the sense of individualism and the urge for self governance that has always pervaded to SE airsoft scene and especially the NW fla./S. ala. area....
savoy6
savoy6
Where's Indochina
Where's Indochina

Back to top Go down

Post by Haslinger 26th August 2011, 6:05 am

I don't care what they are, my point is the same. It seems to me that we operate as - for literary fun - airsoft libertines. We have a set of rules which matter to us - they could matter to others - but for the most part our rules on our field are ours (lots of "r" sounds). Point is - I think any sort of unifying body is a good idea. I'm totally for a grand united REPUBLIC - but not a totalitarian state. I have not done an expansive amount of research into TCA/A3/SEA since moving back into their area of influence, so I do not fully have objections to them or their concepts. Frankly, I would love all fields to have the same FPS - selfishly because I'm too cheap and too set in my ways to shift away from my preferred weight.

Haslinger
Haslinger
GateKeeper
GateKeeper

http://www.dpandeditor.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fallout11 28th August 2011, 4:44 pm

Cage match time!
Thirdcoastairsoft vs. American Airsoft Association vs. SFAOC vs SEA vs USJTF Airsoft (the latest one I've seen claiming to be a national organization and recruiting heavily), not to mention all those that have come and gone (ex: NATO, COAGS, etc). My god, I must have seen a dozen plus such wanna-be "national" airsoft organizations in the last nine years. None of them had anything to offer the players besides onerous restrictions, limitations, attendance/training/gear/patch requirements, fees (hidden or outright), formal hierarchies, leadership of strangers, "awards" and "ranks", sanctioning/approval, big talk (we're going to be huge!) and/or big egos. Laughing At their core, all are or were multilevel marketing pyramid structures (i.e. some big self-appointed cheeze and his buddies/cronies in charge from day one, those that bought in early next, etc). Respected and well known established teams (Strikers, Green Mountain Rangers, Black Company, Cimmarons, 6mm Militia, etc.) and existing state level organizations (i.e. AOSC, FL Airsoft, NCOA, Ohio Airsoft, KCAC, etc) and event organizers give them a wide berth. None ever seem to be able to put together and run any major (200+ player) events.
Paintball somehow became tremendously successful WITHOUT such organization(s) (having played 1984-2006 all over the eastern US). As part of the 1980's paintball scene I can say with a straight face that the "selling" of the "sport" resulting in televised "tournaments" and corporate sponsorships in the mid to late 1990's was what ruined paintball for many (dare I say most, certainly for the old timers like me around at the time). Ask around. The last thing I would want to see is US airsoft become paintball- bad attitudes and rampant cheating/wiping in a 7 minute skirmish played for swag and titles with hot pink fade markers and lime green motocross jerseys, hiding behind inflatable bags in a netted enclosure, because that is what "sells" better (and uses more paint faster). But I digress.
By definition, there can be only one or maybe two "national" representative organizations anyway....unless you wish to characterize the US as more than one nation.

Zmonster, sorry for seeming like I'm busting your chops, but call me jaded and cynical at this point. In short, I don't see such as having anything to offer the would-be participants that they cannot get elsewhere with fewer strings and drama attached. They're not for me.
Howie, there's nothing wrong with listing Thirdcoastairsoft as a TFAT/TFAA friend, which is what this section has always been for. I have nothing but love for you brother!
fallout11
fallout11
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Zmonster 29th August 2011, 8:43 pm

Be jaded,

We have hosted several large ops. The Starburst series (I-III) starting in 2009 are a good example. TCA is not a National Org, but a regional group. I am not going to re hash the reasons for TCA. Just as other established groups have not either. They exist by/for the players, we can talk off line about other organizations that you have mentioned. TASO, NMASO, and others have joined TCA because they see the value in more publishing and media. TCA has its own magazine that is free for that purpose. In addition, we helped in the lobby support against that insane California law.

Do we want nationally televised matches, no, the golden idol trophy can stay in the temple of doom for all we care. We pool our resources to gain access to some awesome resources. Did you know that TCA Chapter teams have supported and be allowed to train on US Military and LEO facilities. A couple of teams acted as OPFOR for military training. That would not have been possible without the positive press. TCA Teams have even raised money for scholarships and food/toys for charity.

Alot of people gave John Liu hell in the beginning, but now some people sell their unborn to go to his events. And players have zero alternative or bargaining to ask him to lower costs or ask questions. Large organizations can bring a sense of customer service demand to the table.

Give me a PM or come out to Benning and skirmish with me, email other members of TCA like Mike Govan or Major Pete Stebbing in Texas or Major Miquel Elizondo in Florida, before passing judgement, we are serious about the hobby.

Sal Z
Zmonster
Zmonster
Novice
Novice

http://www.thirdcoastairsoft.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by fallout11 30th August 2011, 6:23 pm

Sounds like a plan Sal, been promising Spencer (Harrell) to get back over that way again sometime soon.
Sorry you missed the big Toys For Tots game we held in Phenix City back in December, think you would have liked it.
fallout11
fallout11
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Zmonster 30th August 2011, 7:36 pm

We are putting together the 3d Annual Commando Challenge, 22 OCT in Phenix City,
the basic concept is like a OPN PINE PLAINS, a realistic MILSIM environment for teams.

Spencer and I have been trying real hard to work on the community here at Benning. We are hoping using the magazine to publicize the community. We are also working on/coordinating for the use of the facilities here, possibly for a toys for tots game in early Dec (1st weekend).
Zmonster
Zmonster
Novice
Novice

http://www.thirdcoastairsoft.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2