The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eye Protection

4 posters

Go down

Eye Protection Empty Eye Protection

Post by Howie 1st August 2011, 9:58 am

EYE PROTECTION
Goggles that form a full tight seal around your eyes are required. All lenses must be rated at ANSI Z87.1-2003 (also known as Z87.1+). Regular shop goggles, shooting glasses, or sunglasses do not offer adequate protection from shots from the sides, rear, or ricochets and are not be allowed!

FULL FACE PROTECTION
Full face masks will required for all players 14 and under unless approved by a parent or guardian. BBs impacting the face can break or chip teeth, and are easily stopped by a full face mask. Full face protection is recommended at any indoor events/games (CQB, MOUT) due to the close proximity of engagements.

NEOPRENE HALF FACE MASK
Sometimes players will used these during the course of play along with Their Eye Protection.
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Eye Protection Empty Re: Eye Protection

Post by butterbean 7th August 2011, 9:29 pm

Figured I'd ask here instead of starting a new thread. Got some old paintball goggles/mask and curious if they're acceptable. Seen a lot of the full mask resemble paintball mask but wondering about goggles themselves. Trying save myself some money for the mean time lol.
butterbean
butterbean
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by allout 8th August 2011, 4:01 pm

the lenses must be rated at ANSI Z87.1-2003 (also known as Z87.1+). most have it stamped on them
allout
allout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer 8th August 2011, 5:24 pm

Most paintball goggles are ansi z87.1+ if not all but its not stamped. I took multiple guns up to it at 350 400 450 and 500 fps not even a scratch from any but had it all full auto. Mines was the 400 the rest were friends.
Archer
Archer
an admin is watching me

Back to top Go down

Post by allout 8th August 2011, 5:29 pm

it should be stamped at least printed on the package , i would not take a chance with my eyes
allout
allout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by butterbean 8th August 2011, 5:34 pm

Allout appreciate the response. Not sure if they're stamped being I won't have them here until the 18th when the woman moves back down here. And I also agree with you on not taking chances with the eyes.

Archer, I'm agree with Allout not one to take chances with my eyes. I already have bad eyesight as it is! But if I went blind due to a bb I'd be mad about not being able to go to beach and see women in bikinis haha
butterbean
butterbean
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer 8th August 2011, 5:57 pm

I wouldnt take chances like that but I know mine are ansi z87.1+ rated but it's only for cqb not sniping then I use goggles. Off topic but I just did away with a 4 1/2 in. cockroach
Archer
Archer
an admin is watching me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down