The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M4 Fixing?

+2
twizzlerman
Archer
6 posters

Go down

M4 Fixing? Empty M4 Fixing?

Post by Archer 9th August 2011, 2:43 pm

Okay so a long time ago (3 or so months) ago I was riding on my bike to my airsoft field with my m4 on my back. I went down a hill going slow or at least trying to go slow and I don't know if my brakes jacked up but I had to manually stop my bike with my feet and I flew forward and my bike seat slammed into my m4. It opened up by force and now the stopper to keep it together won't go back on. I am using duct tape right now to keep it together. To make it even worse I lost the charger. I will be willing to pay someone for a charger. The area that is now to easily accessible is where you see the spring and change the barrel. It's easy access to make it a dmr but after I make it a dmr I need help keeping it together. Any Ideas?
Archer
Archer
an admin is watching me

Back to top Go down

M4 Fixing? Empty Re: M4 Fixing?

Post by twizzlerman 9th August 2011, 3:09 pm

1st wth why are u riding around with a m4 on your back that's highly illegal keep it in a bag or gun case 2nd if if did that much damage I'm not sure it can be fixed if it's the upper receiver just buy a new one same goes with the lower
twizzlerman
twizzlerman
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer 9th August 2011, 3:13 pm

Actually no it's not. It has an orange tip and I rode right by a copper and he didn't pull me over so it's fine where I live. In an m4 there's the bolt piece you take out to get to the spring and barrel that piece is still intact but the things that have circles in them where the bolt goes through the bottom piece has broken from both. I will take the duct tape off and bring it to the next game for you guys to look at and tell me whether it can be fixed. If it can I will upgrade it instead of getting a g36c which I highly want but ehh it doesn't matter my gun as long as it works can can shoot.
Archer
Archer
an admin is watching me

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunchbox 9th August 2011, 3:48 pm

Not much we can say unless you post pictures or bring it to the game on the 20th.

Lunchbox
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer 9th August 2011, 3:52 pm

I'll bring it. don't have a camera.
Archer
Archer
an admin is watching me

Back to top Go down

Post by plank 9th August 2011, 5:31 pm

using my powers of imagination...sounds like you cracked the receivers (both top and bottom). What company makes your gun?
plank
plank
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer 9th August 2011, 9:22 pm

Aftermath & Kirenex Ris rails m4 police (maybe?) shoots 380 fps.
Archer
Archer
an admin is watching me

Back to top Go down

Post by CDR 9th August 2011, 9:47 pm

Archer wrote:Actually no it's not. It has an orange tip and I rode right by a copper and he didn't pull me over so it's fine where I live. In an m4 there's the bolt piece you take out to get to the spring and barrel that piece is still intact but the things that have circles in them where the bolt goes through the bottom piece has broken from both. I will take the duct tape off and bring it to the next game for you guys to look at and tell me whether it can be fixed. If it can I will upgrade it instead of getting a g36c which I highly want but ehh it doesn't matter my gun as long as it works can can shoot.

GET A GUN BAG!!!!
CDR
CDR
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by twizzlerman 9th August 2011, 10:46 pm

Yeah get one California is trying to ban airsoft because kids are not taking gun safety into consideration and it effects ppl who love the sport and if it gets takin away from guys who take gun laws into consideration plz like airsoft gi states " you don't want to be the one who gets airsoft band from every one now don't u" plz take every one on this forum who respect the laws the game and the rules who want this to prosper not go away due to kids/adults who don't take these consequences into consideration. I may be 14 but I want airsoft to prosper to the point of being the top 5 played sports of all time and remember we have guys on this forum who are in the armed forces and if airsoft will help theme train or play for the fun of it but plz airsoft is going through tough times we need to be more educated about gun laws and how it can lead to jail or even death because cops can't tell if it's real or a toy and admins I'm sorry for saying death on this post but ppl need to be more aware of the consequences of carrying a gun without being on a gun bag . And archer plz your posting alot plz only post if u have something important or helpful. Sorry admins if I was to harsh Neutral
twizzlerman
twizzlerman
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9th August 2011, 10:51 pm

Please do not ride down the street with your rifle on your back again thats just plain out ignorant...GET A GUN BAG if you have to ride around on your bike with it

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 9th August 2011, 10:53 pm

Now Please get this Topic back on Subject Very Happy
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by twizzlerman 9th August 2011, 10:56 pm

Lol howie just pointing the kid onto the right path...well any way I think it's the receivers in that case u might want to look into buying new ones but bring it to the 20th we have some great airsoft techs who should be able to help Very Happy
twizzlerman
twizzlerman
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by CDR 9th August 2011, 10:58 pm

plank wrote:using my powers of imagination...sounds like you cracked the receivers (both top and bottom). What company makes your gun?

agree with the broken reciever. better off buying a new gun than buying new metal reciever. not sure what aftermath is compatible with.
CDR
CDR
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9th August 2011, 11:00 pm

Dont think its compatible with anything better off just getting a new gun

Back to top Go down

Post by plank 9th August 2011, 11:32 pm

get a new gun. save the Aftermath for parts. if you were going to build a DMR, you are going to need some spare parts. DMRs like to eat parts until you get them tuned just right. BTW DMRs tend to get real expensive, real quick.
plank
plank
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by plank 10th August 2011, 12:04 am

Alright I chase this wild goose...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Is this your gun? If so then you have a rebrand of a Chinese Clone- the JG M-System. Good news-If this is your gun, the Version 2 gearbox is TM compatible (that translates to parts are easy to find.) Bad news-Its a JG external body. JG uses cheap plastic.

If that link isn't your gun, then the wild goose chase ends here.
But IF THAT LINK IS YOUR GUN and Aftermath just slapped their logo on a JG, then I got the upper and lower receivers you are looking for. powers of imagination are hard at work tonight.
plank
plank
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by plank 12th August 2011, 11:46 am

After digging through some boxes, the lower receiver on the clone M4's are the same. The M-System and the M4A1 Carbine are the same. Upper receivers are quite different. So depending on the barrel and upper receiver combination, a lot of the parts can be swapped. So what model is your gun? M4 with RIS or M-System?
plank
plank
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer 12th August 2011, 12:16 pm

The link is my gun. It's JG? Wow... How much are the points. Why did I say points I meant parts
Archer
Archer
an admin is watching me

Back to top Go down

Post by plank 12th August 2011, 5:37 pm

$25 for both top and bottom. Keep in mind the metal rail needs to installed on replacement. All the little bits (mag catch, pins, etc.) can be transferred over. Color can be fixed with spray paint.
plank
plank
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer 12th August 2011, 6:45 pm

For both together?
Archer
Archer
an admin is watching me

Back to top Go down

Post by plank 12th August 2011, 8:51 pm

Roger that.
$25 for both top and bottom.
plank
plank
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer 12th August 2011, 9:38 pm

If I work this weekend then Im short just $5 danget. I could fix the whole m4 and have it working just fine again.
Archer
Archer
an admin is watching me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down