The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ECHO 1 M28 SLAMFIRE!

3 posters

Go down

ECHO 1 M28 SLAMFIRE! Empty ECHO 1 M28 SLAMFIRE!

Post by Wackary 5th September 2011, 7:35 pm

Slamfire: that is what Echo 1 should have included in the title of this gun. I bought one for Zach and before we could finish zeroing in his scope, the @#$% thing began slamfiring repeatedly. I disassembled the gun and found the sear and trigger group sloppier than a soup sandwich. Ridiculous! So, apparently the fix is an upgraded trigger group or a rebuild using parts from a VSR 10 trigger assembly/group. Does anyone have an old VSR 10 or similar trigger group they want to part with? Or if anyone has another solution, we are all ears. Sitting here with a brand new, cool looking, but entirely useless paperweight.
Wackary
Wackary
Springer
Springer

Back to top Go down

ECHO 1 M28 SLAMFIRE! Empty Re: ECHO 1 M28 SLAMFIRE!

Post by Lunchbox 6th September 2011, 12:11 am

Welcome to the world of 45 degree trigger sears. They will continue to do that with the big spring that Echo 1 puts in there. Don't expect much life from a replacement set of crappy zinc-pot-metal sears, even if you do rob them off of another rifle.

Furthermore, a good bolt-action rifle isn't cheap. Your only RELIABLE option would be to suck it up and buy a Zero Trigger/V-Trigger. Aftermarket sears are still a crutch, they'll get you by, but they wear out eventually.

That being said, I've got a few VSR-10 trigger groups if you've just got to hobble it along for a couple hundred rounds.

Lunchbox
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Longbow 7th September 2011, 3:24 pm

send a message to 9battsoui (sp) he has piles of sears and triggers.

Longbow
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down