The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reinforcing a Version 2 Gearbox to prevent cracking

3 posters

Go down

Reinforcing a Version 2 Gearbox to prevent cracking Empty Reinforcing a Version 2 Gearbox to prevent cracking

Post by Fast 12th March 2012, 2:40 pm

Can somebody give me the ends and outs of reinforcing a version 2 gearbox to prevent cracking?
Fast
Fast
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Reinforcing a Version 2 Gearbox to prevent cracking Empty Re: Reinforcing a Version 2 Gearbox to prevent cracking

Post by Guest 12th March 2012, 3:35 pm

Dip it in WD-40, wrap it in duct tape.

Back to top Go down

Reinforcing a Version 2 Gearbox to prevent cracking Empty Re: Reinforcing a Version 2 Gearbox to prevent cracking

Post by CDR 12th March 2012, 5:29 pm

Che Chuy wrote:Dip it in WD-40, wrap it in duct tape.

LOL.....or you can round the the edges where the cylinder sits. if you have a g&g i believe they came pre rounded. also make sure that the hop up sits againts the gearbox nice and tight, that helps a lot too.
CDR
CDR
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by Fast 12th March 2012, 6:02 pm

I think I know what your talking about but I dont have the gun yet to put the text to the picture.
Fast
Fast
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by CDR 12th March 2012, 7:53 pm

what brand and model are you gettin?
CDR
CDR
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by Fast 12th March 2012, 8:00 pm

Magpul Masada if the ever ship it!
Fast
Fast
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by CDR 13th March 2012, 3:49 pm

had an experience wit this gun so i'll give you some pointers.

-its going to be tempting to take the barrel off, but make sure you back the hop up off completely if u dont want to rip the nub right off. it doesnt put enough spin on hevier bbs (had to do an extensive mod on mine) but madbull red bucking will fix that without mods

-if you decide to go the lipo route make sure that you use 7.4v as the 11.1v will burn your switch (propreitary).

-the selector switch gear needs to be tightened up and locktighted or it wont be ambidextrous anymore.

-round the edges on the gb because if u crack it, it will become a 450 dollar paper weight.

-the internals are good enough for m110 spring (would not suggest exceeding) definitely needs shim job.

if i can think of anything else i will let you know but if you fix all the small issues you will definitely enjoy it. the only reason i sold mine was i keep coming back to and ar platform.
CDR
CDR
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by plank 13th March 2012, 7:17 pm

doesnt the PTS use a version 3? the A & K ACR uses the version 2 with the long air nozzle (similar to SR25 that uses the regular piston/cylinder combo.) which Masada are you getting?
plank
plank
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by CDR 13th March 2012, 7:24 pm

the pts gb uses a hybrid of ver2 and ver3 that is unfortunately not for sale anywhere (unless u buy a new whole gun). a&k is a regular ver2.
CDR
CDR
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by Fast 13th March 2012, 8:10 pm

Thanks CDR- great info!
Fast
Fast
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down