The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AOW IV: 2-3 November

+5
butterbean
Nick
allout
TurboTom
Howie
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

AOW IV: 2-3 November - Page 2 Empty Re: AOW IV: 2-3 November

Post by butterbean 10th October 2012, 3:14 am

Would love to come guys. But have already taking next two weekends off. I do not dare to ask for a third.
butterbean
butterbean
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Fett 10th October 2012, 9:31 am

I will not be going because it will be a while before I venture into GBBland, lol.I will stick with AEGs for now.
Fett
Fett
Springer
Springer

Back to top Go down

Post by allout 3rd November 2012, 4:48 pm

well how was it , give us a bit of it
allout
allout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 3rd November 2012, 4:56 pm

Ridiculous waste of time, gas, and money never been told I had to setup in one position and wait tob attacked or guard a tree on top of a mountain until ppl with deadlights came to attack us from cover of there so called deadlights. Then have to wait 100 ft from a firefight and not b allowed to attack the opposing team. Never been micromanaged soo bad at an op I was expecting soo much more had the potential to b epic, field was awesome hospitality was awesome but with the cheating of the ariana forces(not all) and the commander totally taking away any chance of victory or establish a decent fighting position at all and being used as bulletsponges which would have been fine if wasn't being made to walk past the enemy team under ceasefire constantly it would have been cool.
Nick
Nick
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by TurboTom 4th November 2012, 9:35 am

Yea. I have to agree with Nick. I was expecting to get a set of orders and objectives, infiltrate, and set the leash free. But instead we remained under strict orders to guard a position, then turn on your dead light and March to the next. It was retarded. The entire event felt scripted and micromanaged just to give Commanders the chance to circle jerk over giving orders. We were purposely delivered for ambush purposes instead of the events being allowed to naturally unfold.

During the day time, we were (yet again) told to position ourselves for ambush and stay in place, allowing the Ariana forces, and all of their wonderful cheaters who were apparently catered to, to over run any and every defense we had established.

We had problems with many of them not calling hits and not following the medical laws for reviving your downed mate.

You just felt like a puppet with your strings pulled throughout the entire running of the event giving no real freedom to create a story. The over extensive use of dead lights just to transfer from point to point completely killed any feeling of milsim that could have existed.

But on a good note: Hospitality was top notch, a lot of nice guys were met, the flares at night were great, the single ride in the deuce and a half was great, the field was great, and last but not least, Nick's rage mode was great. Other than that, I probably won't attend in the future.
TurboTom
TurboTom
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by TurboTom 6th November 2012, 11:35 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3 Part series of the day game..
TurboTom
TurboTom
Joe Mid Cap