The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brand new dot-sight Marui P90 stopped feeding rounds.

5 posters

Go down

Brand new dot-sight Marui P90 stopped feeding rounds. Empty Brand new dot-sight Marui P90 stopped feeding rounds.

Post by baribari 17th November 2010, 9:27 pm

Hi guys, I just bought a brand-new dot-sight P90 (Marui put them back into production, with a few upgrades like reinforced front glass for BB strikes, and improved rear glass for better visibility), but after less than 150 rounds, it stopped feeding BBs. The piston is failing to retract all the way to allow a BB in on about 90% of the shots, so its not a magazine or hop-up problem.

I think it may have happened because I loaded a magazine when there was a BB left over in the chamber (I figured it would be OK since the P90 is the only last-gen AEG that will fire every BB in the magazine because it top-loads them).

Is it the tappet plate?

I'm going to call TM later and ask about it, but I'd rather fix it ASAP if its not due to broken parts instead of having to send the whole gun in for repairs.

baribari
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Brand new dot-sight Marui P90 stopped feeding rounds. Empty Re: Brand new dot-sight Marui P90 stopped feeding rounds.

Post by Sure Shot 17th November 2010, 11:18 pm

ok did u take the thing apart yet.... if ya did something may have fell and got stuck in between the gearbox and a small plastic wall or the air nozzel and the bucking isnt all the way connected. the only other thing if something jamed the trigger mech but other than that something probly wrong with ur gearbox...
Sure Shot
Sure Shot
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Brand new dot-sight Marui P90 stopped feeding rounds. Empty Re: Brand new dot-sight Marui P90 stopped feeding rounds.

Post by baribari 17th November 2010, 11:47 pm

It turns out that the little nub on the body that opens the magazine switch seems to have worn down from all the reload practices I did, so it only feeds rounds when I press the magazine forward.

I think the only way to fix this would be to build up the material or shim the magazines, which I don't want to do since it's brand new and still under warranty..

baribari
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by baribari 22nd November 2010, 9:31 pm

I sent it back to Marui (cost me $13 or so, will cost at least another $13 to have it shipped back to me), and I've been jones'in for my P90 since last Friday. It apparently takes about a week total to get a gun serviced by TM.

I just hope they don't charge me for parts and labor seeing as how the gun was two days old when it stopped feeding. Especially since a new lower receiver (the part that's probably bad) costs about $95.

baribari
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 22nd November 2010, 9:37 pm

I hope for the best, just shipping Very Happy
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by baribari 2nd December 2010, 7:22 am

TM fixed it and shipped it back for free.

Just took a little over a week, and $12 in shipping.

All they did was adjust the chamber (it was too far forward).

Stock P90s are kind of loud... nice fast ROF though.

The new model red dot sight is nice. Should be good for the night games here (you either have a red dot, or you just don't aim at all).

Now I just need to find out how to carry eight P90 magazines (1350 BB's with midcaps, hehe).

I need to find a light that will work with it, and a good place to put the remote switch.

baribari
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2nd December 2010, 7:31 am

May I suggest this for nighttime games:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
It would really help my aiming.
Very Happy
Glad your p90's working again!

Back to top Go down

Post by baribari 2nd December 2010, 7:55 am

I don't think that's ANSI rated. lol.

baribari
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by allout 2nd December 2010, 3:23 pm

and thought i was old,, thats an old school tactical light right
allout
allout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by braxt360 3rd December 2010, 3:39 pm

thats not much of a tac light that light is like i am right here plees shoot me lol!
braxt360
braxt360
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3rd December 2010, 3:46 pm

Exactly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down