The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wilcox Field (Old Games)

+14
plowdawg
plank
Animal Mother
braxt360
Wackary
PathFinder
savoy6
Lunchbox
Fast
Lugnutz
cantfindme
allout
twizzlerman
Howie
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Wilcox Field (Old Games) - Page 3 Empty Re: Wilcox Field (Old Games)

Post by Longbow 2nd May 2011, 2:52 pm

From my experience with national events this is what MED and Bang rules are about.
MED: for snipers at lionclaws games you may not engage within that distance with your SWS you must either increase that distance or use a lower powered sidearm.
Also Most events have a no full auto in CQB and even some have a switch to pistols indoors. A med doesn't mean you automatically get a bang within that distance considering i've had shots miss at ten feet with cheap guns.

Bang or parle is supposed to protect players. If you have a legitimate drop on someone like pop in the window behind them. rather than shooting them in the neck at four feet you say "Bang" or "close kill" If two players round the corner on each other they have the option to "parle" or both turn around and walk away to engage again at a safer distance. There is no "tactical Bang" If you breach a room expect that the person in the room is competent enough to shoot you too. in that case you can either Parle or do what we airsofters do best and shoot the crud out of each other.

Longbow
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2nd May 2011, 2:59 pm

Actually, that's what I thought was the purpose of a pistol, otherwise, Joe and other snipers would just yell bang across the field.

But a rifle at 5 feet, and clearly had the drop on them? I'd give it a pass, in fact, I started to object, but realized he really did surprise them all and shut up.

Edit - mid simul-posting: Yeah, what he said. But by all means, let's drop the MED's and I'll start hunting people at 550fps, and we can go from there, if ya'all like.

But rather than discuss it here, have a video:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Blockade Run, or
The Great Turkey Shoot of Oh-Eleven

Back to top Go down

Post by -gRiM-Prodigital 2nd May 2011, 3:23 pm

The triple bang from the vid was perfectly legit. The game before last there was a player coming up the trail to the post office and was about 15 feet away and i popped out of the window and shot as he said bang and he got a little upset that i shot at such a close distance(with p90 that shoots 350 not my 400fps gun). In this situation was he right to say bang or was I right to shoot? So last week I had the drop on a whole group of 5+ opfor and i was sneaking up behind them with my 400 fps gun when two turned around and I immediately said bang bang because i was about 20 feet away but they said 'too far for bang' and shot me. So should I have shot or were they wrong? It's not gamebreaking but it can be pretty frustrating in those kinds of situations.
-gRiM-Prodigital
-gRiM-Prodigital
Springer
Springer

Back to top Go down

Post by -gRiM-Prodigital 2nd May 2011, 3:32 pm

Also nice random crate from game 2. That wasn't embarrassing at all...
-gRiM-Prodigital
-gRiM-Prodigital
Springer
Springer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2nd May 2011, 3:33 pm

That crate was there since I started showing up Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by -gRiM-Prodigital 2nd May 2011, 3:34 pm

Lol I've seen it but wasn't paying any attention at all when getting shot at.
-gRiM-Prodigital
-gRiM-Prodigital
Springer
Springer

Back to top Go down

Post by allout 2nd May 2011, 3:51 pm

to clear it up little the bang rule in our rules states you have to be15 feet or less to use it and i will mod it to say 1 player only , if you were to shoot you may miss any more than 1 and he would shoot you , hope this helps , if you are within your med you must use secondary weapon or move to outside your med , the bang does not have to be used or accepted the other player may shoot you if you don't have the drop on him , example when you run up to a window i would shoot you as you started to yell bang , now if i were walking down a trail and did not see you and was within the 15 feet and you said bang with your weapon pointed at me then yes you got me , if you did not have your weapon pointed at me then i would shoot you , some players even say shoot if you don't they will shoot you , because remember sometimes you miss , sometimes the brush gets in the way , I WILL GO OVER THE BANG RULES WITH THE PLAYERS ON EACH GAME DAY
allout
allout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -gRiM-Prodigital 2nd May 2011, 4:01 pm

allout wrote:to clear it up little the bang rule in our rules states you have to be15 feet or less to use it and i will mod it to say 1 player only , if you were to shoot you may miss any more than 1 and he would shoot you , hope this helps , if you are within your med you must use secondary weapon or move to outside your med , the bang does not have to be used or accepted the other player may shoot you if you don't have the drop on him , example when you run up to a window i would shoot you as you started to yell bang , now if i were walking down a trail and did not see you and was within the 15 feet and you said bang with your weapon pointed at me then yes you got me , if you did not have your weapon pointed at me then i would shoot you , some players even say shoot if you don't they will shoot you , because remember sometimes you miss , sometimes the brush gets in the way , I WILL GO OVER THE BANG RULES WITH THE PLAYERS ON EACH GAME DAY

Sounds good. I'm actually gonna see about toning my fps down a notch so i can get within the 15 foot MED and hopefully clear up my issues. Also great work on vids Chuy keep em coming.
-gRiM-Prodigital
-gRiM-Prodigital
Springer
Springer

Back to top Go down

Post by allout 2nd May 2011, 4:09 pm

updated bang rule
SURRENDER, BANG RULES
When players have the drop on an opposing player at 15 feet less they should employ
one of these options. The surrender and bang rule are basically the same.
The player simply says BANG and the opposing player is dead. Surrender can either
mean that the opposing player is dead or can be taken POW. *Remember this is a courtesy Rule*
this can only be used on one player at a time , the weapon must be pointed at the player
allout
allout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie 2nd May 2011, 4:23 pm

Remember Guys,
Over this next coming weekend, the village is getting an face lift, with addition of few more buildings and such, We all must practice common sense while playing as it will be easier to get shot within that 15-25 foot range. So please follow the proper bang rule as this shall confession and tempers down . Very Happy
Howie
Howie
Your the Man
Your the Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2nd May 2011, 10:00 pm

Have a popover, Froggie.
Game Three

Back to top Go down

Post by SpecialReznov 3rd May 2011, 11:46 pm

Che Chuy wrote:Actually, that's what I thought was the purpose of a pistol, otherwise, Joe and other snipers would just yell bang across the field.

But a rifle at 5 feet, and clearly had the drop on them? I'd give it a pass, in fact, I started to object, but realized he really did surprise them all and shut up.

Edit - mid simul-posting: Yeah, what he said. But by all means, let's drop the MED's and I'll start hunting people at 550fps, and we can go from there, if ya'all like.

But rather than discuss it here, have a video:
Blockade Run, or
The Great Turkey Shoot of Oh-Eleven

you know you can name me as a sniper now lol...I've been accomplished at wilcox...and I'd love to conserve ammo and always get the headshot by screaming bang at the top of my lungs from 500 feet away...on second thought i like pulling the trigger more so yeah how's about this...we tell everyone to stop being such a big wuss and pull the trigger before running in to yell bang
SpecialReznov
SpecialReznov
Novice
Novice

https://www.youtube.com/infernalbitch

Back to top Go down

Post by CDR 4th May 2011, 7:33 pm

where is the second part of the last video?
CDR
CDR
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4th May 2011, 8:07 pm

Uploading to Youtube as we speak. Still within the range of 'tomorrow' as posted Very Happy

Took me a little longer than I expected, work was particularly busy today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4th May 2011, 8:51 pm

Part 2 of Game 3
Should be ready shortly.
Picture is big, sorry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3