The Foundation Airsoft Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Down pilot/objective

4 posters

Go down

Down pilot/objective Empty Down pilot/objective

Post by S.O.U.L 16th November 2011, 11:19 am

I would very much like to have a good operation on the 10th. The idea I had was basically a one flag CTF. Heres the catch, the flag is human.
It all involves speed. opfor has the first objective of capturing the downed pilot (flag). He has no weapons at the beginning. The bluefor team has to capture the pilot as well, but they also have the task of detonating the aircraft (downed plane). Once the pilot finds the bluefor team he can equip his gear and become a combatant. After this the opfor team has failed the first objective and must move to the next. Opfor must raid the bluefor camp (the village or something). Bluefor must hold out as long as possible. Bluefor has 3 respawns and must go to medical and wait 30 seconds. Opfor cannot attack medical. Once bluefor soldier has respawned he walks out with dead rag still in hand and must clear a 10 foot radius from the medical building. Opfor wins objective when the armory has been captured and held for 5 mins. This portion is to be timed at 30 mins. If bluefor holds out for the whole 30 mins they advance to the final objective. If opfor holds the armory for 5 mins then they automatically win the game. Once bluefor has won then are the move to extract point as indicated by radio in the armory in which an officer briefs them. At this time Opfor must fall back to the open field and wait 3 mins. Bluefor waits the same time and then moves to indicated extract point. If they arrive at the extract they must hold off opfor for 5 mins and have no respawns. Opfor have unlimited respawns but must go to medical in the vilage and wait 30 seconds to come back in. If all bluefor dies at this point then opfor wins. If they hold out until extract bluefor wins. So what do yall think? could we pull this off? Pm me for conserns. Thank you!
S.O.U.L
S.O.U.L
Springer
Springer

Back to top Go down

Down pilot/objective Empty Re: Down pilot/objective

Post by Guest 16th November 2011, 3:36 pm

So:
-----Blue team-----
Objective 1: Capture the flag (pilot)
Objective 2: Destroy the plane
Objective 3: Defend the flag at the Village
Objective 4: Move flag to capture point and hold for 5 minutes

-----Red Team-----
Objective 1: Capture the armory and hold for 5 minutes
Objective 2: Kill all Blue Team

-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

Seems to me that it would fun for blue team and red team (ore everyone else) is merely there to advance the blue team's win.
It's not a bad idea, but it does need work.

Back to top Go down

Post by allout 16th November 2011, 6:19 pm

i like it , would the opfor out number the bluefor
allout
allout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 16th November 2011, 6:40 pm

Seems to me ppl have a hard enuff time remembering the simple rules to the normal objective games. We have done the downed pilot games before and i do enjoy them and am all for having additional objectives besides rescue pilots but i just think the rules as far as the respawns will have to b simplified for it to run smoothly.
Nick
Nick
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16th November 2011, 6:50 pm

I think he's intending that it is multiple games - or rather linked games, which is pretty easy if you have an admin to help things along.

Back to top Go down

Post by S.O.U.L 18th November 2011, 6:30 pm

Chuy has it right and the opfor will actually be outnumbering bluefor. Each team will have a commander and secondary commander. These will be elected via nominated vote from the uniformed based team members. 50% must vote yes on both. The uniform majority is automatically opfor. Red and Blue armband tape will be required. S&S will cover that. There will also be a base general with a mic giving objectives and tallying the points for complete objectives. Any other concerns?
S.O.U.L
S.O.U.L
Springer
Springer

Back to top Go down

Post by S.O.U.L 30th November 2011, 7:15 pm

Could we put this game to a vote for the december 10th game? Anyone who thinks they will be there post if you want to play. If we get ten likes maybe we could do it?
S.O.U.L
S.O.U.L
Springer
Springer

Back to top Go down

Post by Redshirt 30th November 2011, 11:45 pm

I've done the downed pilot before over in England. In their iteration of the game, the pilot had a radio and sidearm for the scenario, just the same as a real downed aircrew would have. He used the radio to coordinate the small SOF team to recover him. Everyone else was OPFOR. SOF team had a medic. Pilot was immortal or off limits since the OPFOR objective was to capture him alive. Pilot could still shoot however. I'm planning on make the game on the 10th. I have an aircrew survival vest and flight suit to throw in with my gear for whoever plays pilot.

Redshirt
Redshirt
Redshirt
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by S.O.U.L 2nd December 2011, 12:14 pm

That would be fantastic. I do like the ideas of the pilot being armed. Hopefully, we can get together for this game on the tenth.
S.O.U.L
S.O.U.L
Springer
Springer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2nd December 2011, 12:25 pm

Friendly Fire isn't. The pilot should always be killable (albeit may have a few more lives to compensate) but should be able to be killed like anyone else.

Nukes can be disarmed, boobytraps can go off, danger close sometimes misses the enemy....

Back to top Go down

Post by S.O.U.L 2nd December 2011, 7:43 pm

True but at the same time its gonna be pretty sucky if the pilot can shoot but not be shot. So on second thought I dont really think the pilot should be armed. Story could simply be that his gear was damaged in the crash.
S.O.U.L
S.O.U.L
Springer
Springer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2nd December 2011, 7:55 pm

Then what makes him different than a flag on a stick?

Back to top Go down

Post by S.O.U.L 2nd December 2011, 8:01 pm

The fact that he can and will have to move. A traditional CTF is a stationary defended target. Adds an exciting twist to the game for both sides.
S.O.U.L
S.O.U.L
Springer
Springer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2nd December 2011, 8:21 pm

I'll disagree. That would be hold a location. Capture the flag usually involves taking the flag back to a base (neutral or opponent flag).

But I'll defer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 3rd December 2011, 10:14 am

I gotta go with chuy on that one but in my experience the armed pilot is much better than a helpless person who can just as easily b captured by the enemy team as the rescue squad. I dont know about anyone else but if im a pilot i not goin to just let myself b captured or killed
Nick
Nick
Joe High Caps
Joe High Caps

Back to top Go down

Post by Redshirt 3rd December 2011, 12:08 pm

How about this:

The reason the pilot is unkillable is that his live capture is the primary objective for both teams. OPFOR doesn't gain intel by killing him. Friendlies don't succeed if he falls into enemy hands. So how does the OPFOR capture an armed aircrew that can't be shot? He gets only 30 rounds (realistic) and make him killable once he's within 20 feet of friendlies (recovered), or captured by the OPFOR (OPFOR reaches bang distance without being shot). OPFOR has two respawns each. Friendly SOF has unlimited respawns via medic contact. Only after the pilot is captured or recovered do the secondary objectives come into play: Prevent him from falling into enemy hands. At that point he becomes a liability to the other team. Once captured or recovered, the now-killable pilot, respawns upon touch by any living player. If captured, the pilot must not resist or try to escape so long as a living OPFOR remains within 20 feet of him as a guard. As long as these conditions are met, the captured pilot must retreat toward the OPFOR base at the same speed as his captors. Victory comes to either team upon the pilot reaching the respective base point.

Redshirt
Redshirt
Redshirt
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by S.O.U.L 3rd December 2011, 1:38 pm

I agree with you as well. The pilot should be armed. But very lightly armed at that. I still want the idea that this guy has to evade. But at the same time have the challenge that the opfor has to actually capture him alive. I just don't want people getting aggravated that they cant shoot back. So ya, I would love for that to be implemented. Thanks for the feedback guys. Smile
S.O.U.L
S.O.U.L
Springer
Springer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3rd December 2011, 1:39 pm

We'll just make YOU the pilot who can't be killed no matter how many times he gets shot... Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by S.O.U.L 3rd December 2011, 1:43 pm

That is a really good idea Redshirt. I wouldn't mind doing that because then there would be a way to actually capture him easier. It also means that the opfor will have to rush the pilot at a reasonable pace. So ya we could definitively do that. Thanks for the idea man. Smile Also I would like to say the first game that we do this at I will be the adviser for both teams. I really wanna get cohesion with this op.
S.O.U.L
S.O.U.L
Springer
Springer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3rd December 2011, 1:47 pm

So you don't want to get shot at by everyone? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by S.O.U.L 3rd December 2011, 4:51 pm

NOt me of coarse not! But I do know exactly who would love to be the pilot...
S.O.U.L
S.O.U.L
Springer
Springer

Back to top Go down

Post by S.O.U.L 22nd August 2012, 8:46 am

Well its been a while but I still like this game idea. I would like to have some new suggestions to how we can improve this game. Pilot will have a pistol or shotty with a couple of mags. An idea I also had was that if the pilot is shot he just gets wounded. Like if an enemy shoots him he will have to crawl or be carried. Because the Bluefor has the mission to rescue him if this happens they will have to go after the pilot. Opfor would be at least 10 troopers and Bluefor will be no more than 6. The rest of the objectives still stand. So what do you guys think? Wanna make it happen?
S.O.U.L
S.O.U.L
Springer
Springer

Back to top Go down

Post by Redshirt 22nd August 2012, 5:44 pm

Yes, this has been a good game before. The objectives just need to make losing the pilot (killed/captured) a losing option for both teams. Size of the rescue force can be driven by whether or not the pilot has radio contact with them as this drives their likelihood of success way up.

Don't know when I'll make a game next, but I have spare flight suits. Next time I'm out I'll bring them as a donation.

Redshirt
Redshirt
Redshirt
Joe Mid Cap
Joe Mid Cap

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down